About UsOur history began as a local construction company started in the early 1900's by Mr. John D. Lawrence, who had worked for his father’s company, Wm. H. Lawrence & Sons. In 1954 Mr. Lawrence incorporated John D. Lawrence, Inc. General Contractors & Engineers. During Mr. Lawrence’s 45 years in the business, JDL, Inc. was one of the leading institutional and commercial builders of Southern New Jersey churches, hospitals, schools and industrial buildings. When Mr. Lawrence retired in 1964, the business came under direction of his sons John D., Jr. and William H. Lawrence. In 1988 the Lawrence’s retired and James F. Parry took over as president. JDL, Inc. has become one of the areas prominent industrial and commercial contractors. Our client list consists of refineries, power plants & substations, telecommunications, chemical and pharmaceutical facilities, manufacturing, government and institutional.